The year 2019 looks very promising. Throughout the year, the partners of Tinbergen Today will be organizing various activities in the spirit of Jan Tinbergen. Ranging from a lecture on inequality and a peace conference to various exhibitions and articles. The following list shows a selection of the expected activities:
- Presentation of the Jan Tinbergen Awards for young statisticians during the World Statistics Congress 2019 in Malaysia in August 2019.
- Tinbergen lecture, to be organized by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy in September 2019.
- A special edition of De Economist in October 2019.
- The Tinbergen lecture by KVS in November 2019.
- The unveiling of a bust of Tinbergen at the Erasmus School of Economics as well as at the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB) in December 2019.
- Seminar ‘Tinbergen Today: Challenges for Macroeconomic Modelling’ by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) on 29 November 2019.
- A project for high school students by the Erasmus School of Economics.
- A biography of Jan Tinbergen by Erwin Dekker.
- An exhibition of archival documents by the Erasmus School of Economics.
Want to stay up to date?
Sign up for our newsletter. That way, we can keep you informed as to the upcoming activities and our reports on the activities that have taken place.