Throughout the year, the partners of Tinbergen Today will be organizing various activities in the spirit of Jan Tinbergen. Ranging from a lecture on inequality and a peace conference to various exhibitions and articles. The following list shows a selection of the expected activities:
- The podcast series “Tinbergen en de economie van morgen”, first episode online on 23 September 2019.
- The conference “Public support in a fragmented society” at the Economic and Social Council (SER) on 15 October 2019.
- The KVS Tinbergen lecture by Larry Katz (Harvard University) on 1 November 2019.
- Honorary doctorates for Esther Duflo and Dani Rodrik at the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) on 8 November 2019.
- Seminar ‘Tinbergen Today: Challenges for Macroeconomic Modelling” at De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) on 29 November 2019.
- The unveiling of a bust of Tinbergen at the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) and the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB) in December 2019.
- An intergenerational seminar on development studies hosted by the ISS with Jan Pronk and Rolph van der Hoeven on 30 January 2020.
- A biography of Jan Tinbergen by Erwin Dekker, date yet to be announced.
- A project for high school students by the Erasmus School of Economics.
Want to stay up to date?
Sign up for our newsletter. That way, we can keep you informed as to the upcoming activities and our reports on the activities that have taken place.